Friday, May 25

My hiatus

So I have been on away from blogging for a short spell so allow me to catch everyone up on my goings on:

  • Got my truck back with a newly replaced clutch and something fixed on my muffler and it was indeed a chunk out of my pocket. She drives pretty now though and I even took her to Red Carpet today (more on that later) to get her all shiny.
  • Had tonsilitis last week and then had an allergic reaction to the amoxocilin that resulted in a lovely itchy rash on my back and stomach. Switched perscriptions and naturally the new perscritpion wasn't covered by my insurance yada yada I feel much better now.
  • Back to Red Carpet. I rarely go to what I call the extaravagant car washes, but the truck was running like new so I thought it should be sparkling like new too. So when I get back in the truck and did the cursory once over, everything appeared good and clean so I tipped the guy a few bucks. As I am driving away I realize that my stereo is not playing the Muse cd that I had left playing but was instead playing the White Stripes. Strange, but I thought that perhaps while cleaning they had accidently hit a button and changed it to the radio. The radio was not playing however and when I ejected the cd, it was a burned cd I had made awhile back that I hadn't seen in months. I had moved all of my cd cases to the bed of my truck prior to it being washed as well so there were no cd's in my cab at the time of washing. I thought perhaps I was losing my mind (or maybe just smoking too much lately) and was not actually listening to Muse when I got out - but I know for a fact that I was, plus I certainly don't remember changing the cd to that particular one since I hadn't listened to it in a very long time so no my mind was indeed intact and functioning properly. As I was driving I was looking for my Muse cd, wondering if they had taken it or where it could possibly be. When I stopped I checked all of my cases, no Muse. I looked in my disc man, no Muse. At this point I am thinking it sure is strange that someone would steal a burned Muse cd, replace it with another one and hope I wouldn't notice?? So when I got back to work I looked around the cab of my truck and there it was, my Muse. It was under my seat so apparantly one of the Red Carpet employees (now a fan of the Muse perhaps) ejected Muse, found a cd that must have slide under my cd awhile back and switched them. It is all very strange. I also dont think they did that great of job inside the cab, too busy laughing at their prank but I would have been the crazy lady making a stink at the car wash had I gone back and complained. Yes I believe one of your employees switched my cds...
  • I need to get working on my person of the week! Maybe I should change it to Person of the every 2 1/2 weeks or so. Hmm, doesnt really have a ring to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Muse has really been messing with your mind lately. First your Myspace, now your carwash trip. Yeesh.

Lulu said...

I know, its bizzare. Muse is becoming the bane of my existence.