Monday, April 9

this just amazes me

The latest news in sports has focused around Zach Johnson winning the masters, Florida winning the NCAA basketball tournament, and the baseball season openers around the country. What you may not have heard about however is 3 ultra-endurance athletes running the equivalent of 2 marathons a day for 111 days. Oh yeah and they were running 4,000 miles across the Sahara Desert. Matt Damon's production company followed them and filmed every grueling moment of the event which will eventually be made into a documentary. As far as athletes go, ultra-endurance athletes to me are by far the most impressive and certainly the most crazy. It simply amazes me what the human body can endure and these athletes make a career out of pushing that threshold.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Piece of cake. I did it in 109 days when I was 11 but I didn't tell anyone about it because I don't like to brag.

edluv said...

uhh, people care less about "endurance athletes" than they do track and field. and nobody cares about track and field. (i'm not sure why i put endurance athletes in quotes.)

really, you are more likely to see the spelling bee on espn than you are to see a single highlight of the endurance races.

Lulu said...

I agree that is the norm, but I still think they are far more impressive than your run of the mill football or basketball player.