Wednesday, April 11

New opportunities

As I try and decide just what it is I am doing in the construction field, I have also been working with Kendall's uncle on a workshop we will be presenting for California Community College Board members. The workshop is titled "Mastering New Realities through Governance as Leadership" and I will be presenting the communication aspect of leadership in small groups. This is exciting to me because my masters degress is in training and consulting and it is something that I have always been interested in doing. Although I am not getting paid for this, it is a really great opportinity to network and is good experience in this field. Most of the training I have done until this point has been in the context of school or through a class project at school. This will be my first opportunity to do a workshop freelance which is something I want to continue to do in the future. Kendalls Uncle Bill has a lot of connections in the community college districts and has done various traning and consultanting around the world so he is an excellent cpontact for me to have (thank you Kendall!). He has also mentioned doing workshops with me in the future so hopefully he likes the work that I do for this project and it leads to other opportunities.
It is still strange to me that I enjoy doing workshops and training sessions because of my extreme fear I used to have of public speaking. I was terrified of getting up in front of people because I would turn red and get shaky, it was awful. Well when I decided to study communication I inevitably started doing a lot of speaking in front of people and I eventually just got used to it. It still gets my heart racing, but in a good way now.
Oh yeah and I will no longer be posting my training because I found another program. How sad you all must be...

1 comment:

Adam said...

Will this other program hold you accountable with heckling?