Thursday, April 5

Drumroll please

I finally got to tallying the results of the NCAA tournament bracket and the winner is none other than Ed Stewart. With a score of 47 wins Ed takes the victory and the money (will round that up today and have it to you soon). The rest of the standings break down like this:

Ed - 47
Marty - 45
Kendall - 43
Mark - 43
Tennesse - 42
Kasey - 40
Vince - 37
Mike - 36
Susan 32

Vince and myself were the only ones that picked Florida to take it all, unfortunately we are going by total points so it is pretty much irrelevant. Congratulations Ed, well done.

Training: Got my new shoes and tested them out yesterday for a little over an hour at Woodward. The shoes felt great but my legs felt heavy and clumsy, which I mostly attribute the copious amounts of alchohol consumed the previous night. I did a couple of hill intervals I hadn't done in awhile as well which I need to start doing at least once a week. Went to bed early last night and expect to feel stronger today.

3 comments:

edluv said...

that's how you win a tourney pool: picking enough winners.

i'm so happy. i'd like to thank God, my wife, the sports guy for all his blogging about basketball, and a few games that i watched during the year. i'd also like to thank duke for crapping out early as predicted despite their high seeding, and ucla for giving me someone to actually root for even if they screwed up my kansas pick.

i wore some running shoes for the first time in a long while. i had forgotten how comfy they are. but, i also forgot how bulky they can be as well (compared to indoor soccer shoes).

Lulu said...

Ed, this made me think of you and all the hard work you put into becoming the 2007 NCAA bracket champion. All the miles you ran in the snow, all the sit ups you did in barns while Heather held your feet. Ed, you are truly the eye of the tiger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErLos-l2Xjk

edluv said...

that jump rope swinging deal that i do is really what sealed it for me.