Wednesday, April 4

For Ed

  • Today I am going to Sports Authority after work to buy a new pair of running shoes. The pair I have now have way too many miles on them and are possibly attributing to the hip pain I have been experiencing. Since I will be near Woodward Park I think I am going to go for a long run there to break in the new shoes. I have been doing the majority of my running since the marathon around Tower, which is less than an ideal location for a good run. I find little dogs like to bark me and nip at me, I stop a lot at lights and intersections frequently and the surface is concrete. It will be good to get out of a city enviornment and have a good strecth of road out in front of me. I need to get in the gym to lift more than I have been, but going on a long run outdoors is a much better stress reliever.
  • I intended to announce the outcome of the NCAA pool last night, but I didnt get a chance to tally the scores because I was busy eating, drinking, and playing frisbee golf. It looks like I will have the time tonight to do it and I apologize for the delay. I will put an additional dollar in for my tardiness.
  • Here is what the topic of phone calls has been today: 1) Did you feed Eddie this morning?; 2) Make sure you move the plants to the spare bedroom out of the way of the carpet cleaner; 3) Did you move the plants yet? ;4) Ask the chiropractor (for the dog) why he is holding his leg up like that; 5) Did Eddie eat? Is he inside or outside?; 4) Are the spots coming out of the carpet? -- there will be more, I am certain of this but thats all the phone calls so far.
  • What I do over here is what some people may call work. Currently I am preparing the contracts for the 35 or so subs we have for an upcoming job and getting the close out documents together for a different project and I am preparing a change order budget (are you asleep yet because I almost am - actually I took a nap on my office floor the other day). I have also been watching a lot of sport clips on youtube and found a half marathon to run in July. Anyone want to run it with me?

2 comments:

Adam said...

Is this dog named Eddie the same breed as the dog named Eddie on Frazier? If it is, that's some of the weakest pet naming I've seen. They might as well of named him Rover or Spot.

Lulu said...

Eddie is a dachsund terrior mix I believe and they actually didn't name him because it didn't start out as theirs, long story. So they aren't quite that lame, but not too far from it either.