Monday, February 8

Well plans don't always work out the way you want them to. Although Mike and I did make it to Costco and quite enjoyed ourselves, nothing else I had planned so much worked out.

I started the art project, primed a piece of plywood and started to place the vinyl letters before I realized that I would run out of some letters. So I went to Office Max to get (2) more sets of letters and went back home and began cutting them out so I could place them without sticking them down. I had everything cut out and quickly realized that I would not have enough room on this piece of plywood for all the words. Shit! Obviously, I didn't so much plan the details of this project very well. I needed to go to Lowe's and get more plywood and paint for the table-which I didn't get to-and find the numbers for my house, which I also didn't get to buying or put up but it was already fairly late so I just wasn't able to get to it this weekend.

The art project is all ready to go now though and won't take long now to put it together once I get the plywood. Oh well, I really just wanted it done by Valentines day anyway.

We did manage to run a 13 miler and a 5 miler this weekend. Next weekend is the first big 20 miler so I am looking forward to that. We also went to my parents house for Super Bowl and had a ridiculous amount of food. My dad made deep fried catfish, hush puppies, chicken wings and grilled beef and chicken skewers and about 10 different homemade sauces and dips. It was delicious and worth having to watch my dad and his 2 friends do shots of whiskey and groove out to John Fogherty at commercial breaks. It was a good game too and Mike won 50 bucks. I lost 10. Boo hiss!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Thought you might like to stop by and give Leah some words of encouragement as she starts training for her first marathon.

Lulu said...

Awesome! Adam thanks for sharing, I will definitely pop on over and encourage her. That is fantastic!