Friday, February 5

Big Friday Night Plans!

So it is Friday and my big plans for the evening are to go to Costco and Lowes with Mike and maybe have dinner out, and I am actually quite excited about it and for the record, so is he. Yes we might as well be an old married couple right now but I am ok with that because I am quite happy and content being "boring".

I am always working on the house so trips to those stores always means I aquire something new or that I am starting a new project for the house - and I am having a BLAST working on the house. There is still a lot to do and probably always will be. I plan on pulling out just about all the plants in the front yard except the tree and starting over this spring. I want plants with lower profile and I am just not a fan of the taller shrubs out front right now. They are just ugly and dull.

This weekend though I am going to be working on smaller scale projects like replacing the house numbers and I am going to be building a little art project I found instructions for:
The project here is the statement sign and the link has directions on how to do that if you are interested. I am doing light gray and white paint but I haven't finalized what words I am going to use.

I have also been lusting after these patio chairs at Lowe's that I may have to pick up:
They have a retro flair, I love the bright colors (they also have them in yellow and blue)and they are comfortable. My patio is pretty casual so they would fit in perfectly.

I recently aquired this old cable spool that is in terrible condition but looks similar to this: that I want to slap a coat of paint over and clean up a bit as well.

Those projects, plus a shorter long run of only 13 miles and superbowl party will make this weekend pretty action packed. Old boring couples can keep themselves quite busy!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

You get to actually DO the things I just blog about :-)

Fun stuff, home projects. Happy weekend!

Adam said...

Yeah, I can't wait to be able to do all those "boring" things.

Lulu said...

I am not going to lie, they are so much fun! Adam you are really going to love it because you are a craftsman. I still don't know what the hell I am doing so it is a big learning process for me. And Carrie you will be amazed with how much time you spend looking online for ideas and things to do. I spend hours on end finding stuff to do:)

Lulu said...

Oh and I shop for clothes a whole lot less now. Probably a combination of not going out so I don't need going out clothes and just wanting to use my money for things on the house instead. Still spending my money though, someone needs to keep this economy going:)