Tuesday, February 23

Tip of The Day

This weekend I was doing some re-arranging in our bedroom and while I was placing a plant on our brand new dresser, I scratched it not once but twice. Sure it was only an Ikea dresser but it was brand spanking new and now had these ugly scratched on it!

I fortunately has just read a post the day before from one of my decorating blogs I frequent that said to use walnuts to buff out scratches on furniture. I am guessing it has something to do with the oil in the nut (?) but I rubbed it along the scratch and the more I rubbed the darker it got until I could see it no longer. Magic! And it only cost the price of 1 walnut:)

2 comments:

Adam said...

Yup. In fact, I have a whole bottle of straight walnut oil that I got at the hardware store. It's also a food safe finish (as long as you aren't allergic to walnuts).

Lulu said...

I had no idea, why dont you tell me these things adam! ;)