Thursday, January 21

You would think that the fact that I work with my mom and dad on a daily basis that we would have decent communication. Instead we apparantly have non existent communication.

I come in this morning and my mom calls and tells me that she is going to get an MRI that morning. Ok first of all I knew she was going to be getting one because she has had a diminished sense of smell for awhile and they are trying to figure out why, but she has known for a week that it was happening today and this is the first time it is mentioned to me. As a daughter, I would like to be informed of this kind of thing instead of being told like a co-worker because the only reason she called was to tell me she might be a little late.

Then she drops the bombshell that they hired someone to take her place yesterday and she starts next week. I must be a really important member of this team and the family for that matter as I was the last to know and I had no idea they were even considering hiring anyone. I know my mom hates it here and I think it is a good thing for her to leave but I am hurt that they didn't even bother to call me on the phone last night to let me know what was going on when every other employee knew. It makes me feel like a very invaluable member of this team and as a daughter it stings to not be informed of what was going on with my own mother.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Wow, that sucks, both that your mom potentially has a health issue, and that your employers/family don't connect with you on important things like your mom leaving.

Lulu said...

I am having lunch with my mom today to talk about all of this, after the fact but at least I can tell her how I feel so it doesn't keep happening.

Her diminished sense of smell concerns me. I was the one who made her tell her docotor about it and he told her that it wasn't right and she needed an MRI. She thinks she is fine because she has no other symptoms, but I am not so sure. I really hope it is nothing but it doesn't sit right with me.

Adam said...

Yeah, sending good thoughts.