Wednesday, January 13

Reviews

I have had two positive experience with businesses that were new to me this week. When I have those good experiences I feel compelled to write a little blurb about them because a lot of businesses just don't do a good job.

First, I have been on a mission for a while now to find good, not overly expensive, workout clothes. I exercise 6 days a week so I need a lot of clothing so I am not doing laiundry every 2 days. I often go to Target, butI don't find their clothes incredibly comfortable or flattering and Nike and Adiddas are just too expensive to buy a lot of items from. I tried Athleta, a company affiliated with Gap, but when I ordered online I had to return everything because nothing fit me right. Another problem, finding spandex that aren't see through! You bend over at the gym, you don't need to show your crack in the process, people just don't need to see that.

I had been hearing about Lucy Activewear so I browsed their website and since they were having a big sale with free shipping, I decided to order a few items. I was not initially impressed. I ordered a pair of lifting gloves, a pair of spandex yoga pants, a pair of hiking/casual pants a couple of tops. When I checked the status of the order a week later, it still hadn't even shipped and it was supposed to arrive in 7-10 days. I emailed them and asked and they said they were a little behind because of the holidays and they would ship the next day.

Two days later I checked the tracking number they gave me and it still hadn;t shipped. I emailed them again and they immediately got back to me, apologized and told me one of my tops had sold out so they went ahead and shipped what was in stock and asked if I wanted them to see if they could find one at a store they could ship. I said yes and within a few hours they had found one and were shipping it overnight, no charge. Well it was a shaky start but their customer service was excellent so all was forgiven.

I still didn't know about the product though since I had never ordered from them. I got the first package last night and everything fits perfectly, they are well made and nothing is see through. You don't know how hard it is to find well fitting spandex until you have tried and the fact that I found it outline without trying on is a bit of a miracle. So if you are looking for workout gear for the new year, surf on over to their website. Oh and everything is super cute too:)Note though that their regular priced items can run a little pricey so I stuck to the sale items.

Second, Fresh & Easy opened (2) stores in Fresno today. One was in downtown Fresno and the other was on Willow and Shaw. I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of these stores because it was described as a cheaper Whole Foods. I headed over there at lunch to check it out today and it was pretty busy, but the store was nice and the products looked fresh and indeed they were easy to get to.

The store itself is smaller, comparable to the size of a Trader Joe's.
In fact I think the best way to describe it is if Trader Joe's and Save Mart or Vons had a baby, it would be Fresh & Easy. It has the size, lower prices and green atmosphere like Trader Joe's and they also have their own line of products like TJ's. However unlike Trader Joe's they carry national brands like Coke and Quaker Oats, etc. at reduced prices. I love Trader Joe's but I can never find everything I want to do all of my grocery shopping there and Save Mart can be expensive. Mike and I make dinner every night so there are weeks when we go to the grocery store just about every day to pick up this and that for dinners so I am super happy they are also opening one around the corner from my house at West and Shaw in February.
It is a really nice fushion and I will definitely be a regular customer.

3 comments:

miriam said...

Sophia, Pat and I went to Fresh and Easy yesterday. I like it for sure. And once the crowds subside I'll be back. I hope they do well!

Lulu said...

I am sure I will run into there at some point, we always seem to bump into each other in Clovis!

Monticore said...

I checked out this Lucy Girl and guess what they have the illusive gym towel I was searching for. Also all sale items are an additional 30% off.

Personally I have always been a fan of Marika gym clothes but I might have to check them out.