Wednesday, January 27

My disgusting dog

As a parent, I am embarassed to admit this but since we haven't raised Nika since birth, I feel a little less responsibility and therefore less embarassment. Nika is a wonderful dog, she is sweet, funny, well behaved and great on a leash. She has a dark side though. She is a shit eater.

We first discovered this when she was in the house one night after being let outside to pee and her breath reeked of shit. We thought it was probably kitty roca left from the cats who used to hang out in the yard. However as time we by we realized that there can no longer be any kitty roca left in the yard and if she is eating shit it is her own. WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT?? Maybe it is because she is on a diet and doesn't feel like she is getting enough food? I don't really know but we try to keep the shit picked up but the dog shits a lot and now we know why, she just keeps recycling it!

Last night I let her out to pee before bed and when I called for her to come back she had a big dried turd in her mouth and tried to get inside. Oh hell no! It looked like a turd cigar hanging out of her mouth and kinda wished she was wearing a little fedora to complete the look. I blocked the door and tried to knock it out with my foot but that didnt work and she is about 50% at dropping things when you tell her to drop it. So I just shut the door and waited for her to figure out that she was not coming in with that thing in her mouth. She dropped it and I let her in but for the love, that is so wretchedly disgusting.

This needs to be a part of the intervention for her disoredered eating. Like the biggest part.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I Was totally giggling as I read this, imagining her with her little turd biscuit. So funny! One positive thing I can say for cats, you won't see them munching on any poo.

Rest assured, your dog isn't the only one. Dooce is always talking about her shit-eating dog, and here she is, caught in the act: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dooce/4051123596/

Lulu said...

There is comfort in knowing I am not alone. An I react the same exact way that Dooce does when I catch her eating it:)

edluv said...

hilarious!