Tuesday, December 8

Umm ok, great

I called PG&E today because I hadn't received a bill from them since September. The first month I didn't get a bill I looked on my account online and it showed a credit, so I assumed I had overpaid and didn't look into it (hey I am not going to complain about not getting a bill). When I didn't get one in November, I was busy with other things and didn't really think about it. When I still hadn't gotten one in December I looked online again and the last date the show a billing for was September.

Ok so something is going on and I better call because eventually they will figure out they haven't billed me and I will get a ginormous bill that I really don't want to deal with. So I call and get tranferred several times and finally get to a guy who is like "uuhh that's weird" and he tells me to hold on. I hear the clickity clack of the keyboard and eventually he comes back on and says that there hasn't been a meter reading on my house since June! Well then what was I paying June through September?! He doesn't really know that but he was going to send a request to the billing department to get it figured out and it could just be a clerical error (like they never put the meter to my account so I had been paying my old addresses bill until some unknown event happened in September and that stopped) or the meter is broken and they will need to replace it.

Fortunately he told me that when this happens they set up deferrred billing so I don't have to pay it all at once, and the money I paid June through September will be applied to that bill. What sucks is that I now have no idea what my bills are going to be like in the summer months so I won't know how often I can run my AC since I have no reference point. Maybe they will be able to provide me with a breakdown of each billing period (if it wasn't a broken meter, if it is then I don't know how they will even bill me) so I can look at what I should have been paying. I also have been very stingy with the heat because I was afraid of a large bill and now I have no idea if that was worth it or not. This part is actually my fault though because I am a dumbass. Last month I was very distractidly looking through my mail and this was a particularly stressful financial time so when I saw another bill I sort of panicked and I saw it was from the City of Fresno for 180 for utilities and I somehow connected that with PG&E (the utility thing I guess or I am just a total dumbbass)and cut off the heat from then on.

They said it might take a week to figure out what was going on and they will either call me or send me something in the mail. Should be interesting to see what my bill is!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I one time stopped getting phone bills for months on end, back when I had a land line. I didn't know why, but was also stupid and didn't want to find out. Eventually they started coming back again, and no one was the wiser. I really hope they dont charge you for their mistake.