Monday, December 14

Oh Etsy, I Heart You

Etsy is my favorite online site to buy gifts. You can find pretty good deals, most items are handmade and unique and I like that you can chat with the seller if you need to. Everything I have ever bought from Etsy I have loved, so I decided to get some Christmas presents from there this year.

My favorite purchase is for my moms birthday present (she was born on Christmas). If you know me, you know I love succulents and my love of succulents can be directly traced to my mom. Not only does she have an affinity for these plants but she also has quite a green thumb when it comes to them. I have seen succulent wreaths for awhile and I am completely fascinated with them. I hope to someday make my own but until then I found one for my mom to add to her collection:

This wreath is from a farm in Ohio called The Blossom Farm.

I also got my mon a scarf from a seller in New York:


And I snuck something in for myself too from a seller in San Francisco:

A nature inspired calendar for my office.

I love that I can connect with people all over the country and help support their creative lifestyles and passions and at the same time get unique gifts for friends and family. It is a so much more thoughtful way to find gifts for others and of course yourself too:)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love online shopping but I have not figured out how to browse Etsy effectively. I don't ever really know what I am looking for in the first place, but am always impressed with other people's finds.

Lulu said...

I browse a lot and can easily spend a lot of time doing that but I generally have something in mind like art or a scarf so you can search by category for that. You do seem to get a lot of items that aren't really what you are looking for when you do that though.

When I was looking for the succulent wreath I originally just searched "succulents" because I didnt have a wreath specifically in mind I just knew my mom liked succulents.

I also get an email everyday with finds that their staff picks and that can send me in different directions too. It is like going to a thirift store, you have to expect to spend a little more time sifting through everything but sometimes you can make some really good discoveries.