Friday, September 25

Big Weekend of Home Improvements

After far too much procrastination, I am finally tackling some more projects around the house this weekendwith the help of Mike and his dad. I had been paralyzed with fear over the wallpaper removal and it taunts me everytime I walk into the kitchen and the bathroom and I can't take it anymore. Everyone has given me their 2 cents on what to do and what to use to get the wallpaper off but I have decided to score it, use whatever spray product to remove the adhesive and scrape. I am not sure what condition that will leave the walls in but I will soon out.

I have also finally decided on a color scheme for the guest bathroom and the kitchen/dinning room. I found this picture of a bathroom that is similar to mine, the toilet and the tub are the exact same color, and I like the paint color they chose:

I like that the yellow isn't too bright and I think that color scheme looks modern. The flooring isn't going to change yet, it is white linoluem with little gray/blue diamonds, but it should all go together until I can afford to get that done.

The kitchen has been difficult for me to figure out but I think I have it finally got it. I will definitely be removing the nautical wallpaper and I am also going to paint the cabinets a greenish color similar to the color on these cabinets:

I don't want to do anything too dark in the kitchen, but the counters are a cream tile with dark brown grout so I couldnt do white. I also love bright happy colors and I think this qualifies. The paint in both the kitchen and the living room is going to be a neutral, light khaki color. That way I can add punches of color for decoration and I like how khaki and green go together. Of course I will also be changing out the hardware, not sure with what yet though.

I am bound a and determined to get this all done before my sisters baby shower that I am hosting at the end of the October. I can't wait to walk into my house through my garage and not be greeted by nautical wallpaper, it is just so not me. It will feel even more like mine when I get this done, which is something I struggle with to this day. It doesn't completely feel like mine yet and I know that wallpaper has a lot to do with it. Wallpaper be damned, I am going to scrape the life out of you!

Also before and after and progress pictures will be taken, stay tuned.

1 comment:

m.wise said...

kasey, i would be happy to help you scrape wallpaper off sometime, free of charge. week night or weekend, a couple of hours here or there. let me know, i won't let you down ( i'll probalby just sweat alot).