Monday, August 31

Concert Review

Last night I saw Dave Matthews Band with opening guest Jason Mraz and it was an amazing show, I don't think I have ever been to a happier concert. This is my second time seeing DMB, but the first time was at Staples Center and I quite literally was sitting behind the stage at the very top row. I mean it too, saw a bunch of asses the entire time so I was looking forward to seeing them again from the front and when my brother in law asked if I wanted him to order tickets for me through the fan club, I said absofuckinlutely. Turns out the seats I got were on the floor maybe 10 rows back, just a slight improvement from last time.

Although I am not extremely familiar with the music of Jason Mraz, he is the type of artist where you needn't be to enjoy the show. All of his songs were upbeat and happy and the guy can really sing. I will definitely be listening to more of his music in the future.

Then DMB came out the two things that I think of when I think of their live performance is 1) there is some serious musical talent on stage, and 2) these guys love life and love their jobs. Ok so I guess it is a lot easier to love life when you make a shit load of money doing something like playing music but I have seen plenty of shows where the artists don't so much look happy to be there and it really brings the audience down. I am not sure how far into the tour they are but you would think it was their first show and they hadn't played live in years they were having such a good time. And of course DMB fans are pretty hard core and for them seeing DMB in concert is some sort of tantric orgasmic experience, but that excitment just rubs off on you. You look around and even the hard core looking skin head is dancing around having a good time. DMB concerts could possibly be even happier than Disneyland, but the weed everyone is smoking probably helps that quite a bit;)

Good show, good time!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Pretty sure it was the first show of their tour. ;-)

Lulu said...

Actually Adam, they started on April 14th, so more like their 49th show;)

http://rock.about.com/b/2009/02/23/dave-matthews-band-tour-dates.htm

Adam said...

49 is the new 1.