Monday, July 20

Julie & Julia

I first found out that there was a movie coming out called Julie & Julia via Adam and I wasn't terrible excited at first. I don't really know much about Julia Child except she was some eccentric cook that had a rather shrill voice so I didn't think much about it. But then I started seeing the trailer's and commercials for it and it looked pretty good so I picked up the book this weekend and I love it. Two great characters and an interesting story line. I look forward to seeing how exactly the splice them together in the film. It is one of those perfect to whats going on with my life films/books that I can relate to all too well.

It opens August 7th, can't wait! Here is the trailer:

7 comments:

Adam said...

It's not shrill. It's warbling.

Take it back! Right now!

Lulu said...

hahaha, ok ok I will take it back, it does indeed sound more warbling than shrill.

I am new to Julia Child, I am still learning;)

Madison said...

I think this movie looks very good! Plus I love Amy Adams. I picked up the book and considered getting it, but another book won a spot in my bookshelf. May consider it next time if you liked it.

Lulu said...

I think you should pick it up next time Madison, she is a sarcastic and witty writer, and her characters are flawed and a little crazy but you like them just the same because you also feel flawed and a little crazy too. Just speaking for myself though, about the falwed/crazy thing:)

Adam said...

I can't think of a better context to type "falwed" in.

Ha ha ha ha

Justin said...

I enjoyed the book. If you like the movie, you may like the book that Julia Child wrote called My Life In France. I have the audiobook and I really enjoyed it. She was a fascinating woman.

Lulu said...

yeah, typos are funny.

I will have to check that out Justin, I love listening to audiobooks when I run or take road trips and indeed she seems just incredibly herself which is something I admire.