Thursday, June 11

Well I am unhappy to say that I may have to cancel my plans for another marathon this fall. My foot has started to hurt like it was hurting before and last night and this morning it is the worst it has been. The insert in my heels hasn't helped at all and I am icing my foot at work right now to reduce the swelling and numb it up. I am going to see about getting good inserts for my running shoes and not just the ones you can get at Target but the good ones you have to order to see if that helps. Other than that though I can't really afford at the moment to go to the doc and really investigate what is going on because I have to meet a deductable before insurance starts paying and I am no where close to that. Gotta love our messed up health care system!
It also terrifies me to think I would have to take time off from going to the gym. I would not react well to that, at all. It disappoints me to think there is a good possibility I won't run the marathon in the fall, I was starting to look forward to that.

4 comments:

edluv said...

according to my doctor, i'm dealing with plantar fasciitis which is pretty annoying. not that i think you have it, but it's frustrating because even going to the doctor, the recommended treatment: advil regularly and stretching.

thanks for the appointment, doc.

Lulu said...

Ahh the old plantar fascitis. Yeah that is even more annoying than having a serious problem that can be remedied. Congratulations, there is nothing you can do! I hope it isn't too severe because you are a young man with lots of years ahead of you. I wouldn't reccomend wearing heels;)

edluv said...

have you seen run fat boy run? it's a pretty good movie starring simon peg and it centers around a marathon. funny, and a little tear jerker ending.

Kris10 said...

I think the running Gods are telling you something....