Tuesday, June 16

Still Unpacking...

I have to warn all of you that for at least a little while I will be doing house posts that may not be all that interesting to you but right now it is my life so it is what I have to talk about.

Sunday Kendall and Melissa and their men came over to help me paint the living room. I am very glad they were there because it took a lot longer than I expected and I also encountered some problems. The curtains were rigged up with about 7 different brackets and one was anchored in the wall and we couldnt remove it so we have to cut the screws to get it out of the wall. It was a pain in the ass but we finally got them down, used drywall tape and spackled the huges holes that were left. I chose a color called "Winter Calm" which is a light gray that has red/purple undertones. It is a nice neutral that makes the room look much more modern and perhaps even a bit more sophisticated. I have extra paint so I am going to paint the hallway the same color to carry it through the house.

I still have a lot to unpack though. I got most of the kitchen done last night but I found it isnt the most functional of kitchens. It has a lot of cabinets but no pantry so the food is difficult to see and access. The north side of the kitchen has open cabinets, which I like, I just don't have a lot of nice dishes to display. My plan is to paint the cabinets black and take down the wallpaper and paint the kitchen walls and dining room a bright green.

The only room I have set is the family room with the fireplace:
BEFORE

AFTER

I am going to keep this room white and I looove my "I Want to Believe" poster:)

I am really enjoying my house and have been sleeping like a baby so I don't miss the motorcycles and drunk people yelling in the middle of the night. Go figure. The quiet life is for me.

8 comments:

edluv said...

so, was that room white before? the photo colors don't match up well and i can't remember jack crap.

Lulu said...

Yeah that before pick is really dark but the room was and still is white.
The living room that I painted I havent taken a picture of yet because I havent finished decorating it.

m.wise said...

yeah, those 2 pictures are totally like the tv commercials where the lady looks frumpy and acne covered in the before picture (usually with bad lighting), and then the after picture looks all perfect.

i thought you were above using tricky lighting to enhanse looks.

m.wise said...

and maybe enhanse is spelled with a 'c'. oh well. cool whhhiiiip!

Lulu said...

Note to self, make sure to take the before pic at the same time of day as the after pic and from the exact same angle.

Lulu said...

And thats ok Mike, I wrote "before pick", it happens.

edluv said...

yo ho yo ho the quiet life for me x2

Lulu said...

That is my favorite ride at Disneyland Ed. And I now have that song stuck in my head, much better than Birthday Sex though.