Tuesday, June 23

My house makeover is slowly but surely coming along. I have completed the living room except for (2) shelves I am going to be putting up and I will move on to painting the master bedroom and hallway this weekend. I have a very long list of things I want to do and items I want to buy and here are a few things that I can't wait to get my hands on:

First, air plants are my latest and greatest plant obsession.


They are actually less maintenance than succulents because you don't even need to plant them! I saw a lot of them this weekend at Cornerstone Gardens and fell in love. Their roots serve only to give the plants a firm anchor to whatever they are growing on and all of their moisture and nutrition is absorbed through their specialized leaves. You basically dunk these guys in water every few weeks, shake them off and they are good. They are low maintenance but I also find them beautiful and sculputure like and you will find them around my house in the near future.

I have already done a lot of work on the outside patio, but before the summer over and I don't use that space as much I am going to paint a faux area rug on it, kind like this:

Seeing as I am not an artist I will use a stencil of some kind, free hand patterns arent so much my thing. I have an outdoor rug out there right now but it gets dirty easily and curls up in the corners and I dont have the money to pay for a nice one so this would be a chance to be creative and it will be alot easier to sweep the dirt off than it would be to vaccum it.

I also have plans to hang voltives in the fireplace for a little ambiance and of course there is all of that wallpaper removal in my future. I am saving that for last though, I know it is going to be a bitch. I love having projects though and this will keep me busy for awhile.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Ooooh, I had an air plant in college. They're pretty damn cool all right.

Lulu said...

I ordered some online yesterday! They are so cheap, the most expensive one I got was 8 bucks. I dont know it took me so long to figure out these things existed...

edluv said...

i keep looking at the painted on rug and think it's pretty cool. maybe i'm not completely sold or am too chickenshit to do it, but it's a neat idea (that i wouldn't go through with).

Lulu said...

Yeah there is really no telling how it might turn out. It be great or it could be a disaster. We'll see!