Wednesday, May 27

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...

Although I was promised a response by last Thursday, then Friday, then this morning, I am still waiting to hear what they decide to do about the house. I have found out more about the situation, the two daughters of the elderly woman who was living there are both on board with the compromise I proposed in which we would split the difference of the appraisal, however the mother is still holding off in making a decision.

I don't know if she is just being stubborn or sentimental or what exactly is holding her up but she is what is preventing this from going forward right now. Even if they get her to agree to the compromise though, they still need to tent the house for termites and replace damaged tile in the bathroom and finalize the paperwork before I can move in. I am going to call my landlord to see if there was any way possible for me to stay for 2 additional weeks so I don't have to move twice, but I don't know if that will work out.

I have accepted that I may have to walk away from the house and although I would be disappointed it wouldn't be the end of the world, just possibly my social life for awhile. Two tears in a bucket, mother fuck it:)

2 comments:

mell0w said...

when my grandma had to sell her house, she was a little out of her element and worried that she was being taken advantage of. If this woman is in the same position, it might help to send her a card (through the agent and then the daughters) expressing your fondness for her home and that you would really appreciate living there if things work out. if she likes you, the decision will be easier for her. let her feel generous rather than vulnerable.

Lulu said...

Good point. I was thinking about that when I first made an offer on the house, to send a little note that tells her how much I love her house and will take care of it. She was the first and only owner so I am sure she is emotionally attached and probably does feel like she is being taken advantage of.