Monday, May 4

This is Why I Don't Like Yoga People



I find that in general, I do not get yoga people. Now there are people who do yoga and there are yoga people. You know the ones I am talking about who walk around with sanctimonious smiles and pretend that they’re on their way to some sort of spiritual superiority that a non yoga person will ever find. Oooh I can do a backbend with a confused dog on my stomach. WTF? This is just ridiculous and obviously by look on the dogs face, he agrees. Naturally this type of yoga has a cutsey name too, Doga.

On second thought maybe the problem I have with this is a problem with dog people. I guess Doga is where over the top dog people and yoga people meet to annoy the crap out of me.

7 comments:

mell0w said...

they probably let their stupid dogs lick their dirty faces when it's all over. stupid dog-loving, dirty hippies.

edluv said...

i'd guess most yoga people don't like doga people.

Lulu said...

Oh they dont wait for its over to make out with their dogs:
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/04/08/fashion/20090409-doga-slideshow_6.html
They probably smell like patchouli too;)

And Ed I agree. Yoga has a hard enough time with legitimacy issues and it is because of things like this. Oh well, I am not a yoga girl anyway. No one better not start a doggy weight lifting class!

Adam said...

They probably dislike people like you who go to the gym and lift weights 'n' write long blog posts about working out 'n' shit, just as much.

:-P

Kris10 said...

I bet there are a ton of dog yoga classes in Austin...I might have to look into that, I could possibly handle a 50 pound dog on my stomach! ;)

Lulu said...

Yeah Adam probably as much as people who write Letters to the Editor feel about your posts:)

Lulu said...

And Kristen you are my sister and I love you but if you take Jack to Doga you are no longer the beneficiary for my life insurance.