Friday, May 29

New Shoes!

Yesterday I ran for 40 mnutes on the treadmill and quickly discovered I was in desperate need for a new pair of running shoes. I had been wearing the pair I bought right after the marathon so they were worn and they were also a cheaper pair to begin with so the support was terrible. When I got home last night I had two blisters on the underside of both of my feet that are about the size of a half dollar. Luckily they didn't rip but I did have fun sticking a pin in to drain them. I swear the water shot a good 3 feet in the air. Impressive, no?

In any case today at lunch I did something I thought I would never do. I bought a pink pair of running shoes:
Now in general I do not like the color pink. I own a few pink things but I mostly avoid the color. I have always been annoyed that shoe manufacturers think that all women want to wear pink shoes and now I have given them money to support this theory *sigh*. They were a higher quality shoe though, had great support and were 30 bucks off so I decided to get over my snobbishness and just accept that I am a girl and sometimes girls wear pink. They are Asics afterall and nothing beats an Asic when it comes to running shoes. That is the one and only style of shoe I will always choose comfort and function over asthetics. Everything else needs to be cute, bottom line:)

3 comments:

m.wise said...

i think those would go good with a skort (and if you don't read sarcasm in there, look again, because it's there) ;)

Justin said...

I sympathize with your decision. The only Nike thing I own are my running shoes, and I tried every damn shoe in the store before I would admit that they were the most comfortable fit for my foot. I still hate that they are Nike, but they are a good shoe.

I will state for the record that they are not pink.

Kris10 said...

Right on, I love them!