Wednesday, May 6

I Got My First Paying Client!

Well sort of. It was more of a gift but it was still for providing strength training advice and routines so I am counting it. There is a girl at the gym who approached me a few months ago and asked if I used a particular strength training program and asked what exactly I did. I told her that I make up my own routines but I get the lifts/exercises from a variety of different sources and told her to give me her email address and I would send her some links. Since I change my routine every month I ended up sending her all of those as well as the ab programs I do. I was super flattered that she would even ask me for advice in the first place.

A week or so ago I saw her in the locker room and we started chatting and she said she had a friend that was asking her what she was doing because she had lost some weight, put on muscle and was looking super fantastic. She told her that a girl at her gym had been sending her strength training routines. I guess her friend is using diet pills right now and only does cardio but she seemed intrigued by the idea of lifting weights because of the results she was seeing.


Anyway yesterday she comes up to me and hands me a $25 Target gift card for helping her and sending her all of my stuff, how nice is that?? It is a bit of a boost to me that I sorta know what I am doing and it makes me really happy to know I helped introduce a woman to strength training and that she is clearly benefiting from it. She is doing all of the work and her motivation and consistency is what is providing her results though and she deserves all of the credit for that. But it still feels good to look over and see someone doing the strength routine that I made up.

I will do my best to change the minds of women one at a time that they should be lifting weights!

2 comments:

Kris10 said...

That's so awesome...I think that is a sign that you need to start your own business!!!!

Lulu said...

If I do, I think that new pic I have up should be my logo. I could photoshop my face in there but I would definitely keep the haircut.