Tuesday, May 5

The Backless Shirt Project

I don't know if anyone else has ever embarked on their own backless shirt mission but let me tell you, not fun. Ever since I got my tattoo last year I have been looking for top and/or dresses that are backless and for a full year I have found nothing. The problem is they are entirely too slutty or just not very cute not to mention that there aren't many of them out there in the first place.
For example, this little ditty from Urban Outfitters that manages to be both slutty and ugly:

I don't see how your ass crack isn't showing the entire time. Can you even wear panties with this?

Then there is this top from some store called Hot Flash that has a misleading name since it does not appear to cater to women going through menopause but seems to target the girls that go to Bobby Salazars on a Saturday night:

I found this in ebay and I am not sure if it is supposed to be a dress or a top but either way my ass is not fitting into this:


But today I found a decent backless top that I hope will work:

The front of this top is just a simple scoop neck but the issue is that the shirt is white and looks fairly see through which means I need to wear a bra with it unless I plan on entering a wet tshirt contest. So whats a girl to do? Buy this somewhat scary looking backless bra:

I am not entirely sure how it is supposed to stay attached to you but I am having visions of it popping off at inoppertune times, like in public, like at Landmark.

Hopefully when they arrive it will all work out and everything will fit. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Boobies!!

Lulu said...

I thought a few of you might like that so I threw it in at the last second. That and I really am mesmorized as to how that stays up, it is like magic!

Monticore said...

I saw a really cute blue one today at Target on the clearance rack. I almost picked it up for you. Also I saw a cool t-shirt with peacock feathers but it was too big for you

Unknown said...

Lol, I found your post because I'm looking for backless shirts, too, and with little success. But I can help with the bra thing... Maidenform has a backless bra with straps that go around your shoulders. I've used one with evening gowns and it's not bad. Not as comfortable as a regular bra, but fine for six or eight hours at a party. http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=71471&wtlCategory=Search
Good luck with the shirt hunt!
~Amy