Thursday, May 21

I am not in a very good mood. I have a terrible cough that makes me sound like a dying seal and I get into these coughing fits where I start dry heaving from coughing so hard. Due to all of the coughing my throat feels like someone took a meat grinder to it and swallowing is painful.

Last night I tried to sleep and despite the 3 sleeping pills I took I couldnt go 15 minutes without coughing so I set myself up on the couch to watch Golden Girls and hopefully doze off and when I had just gotten to sleep at around 3 am, my neighbors come home drunk and see the light to the tv in my living room and think I am up and presumably drunk too and start banging on the door and yelling my name from the stairs. I was not in the mood to socialize so I ignored it and didn't get back to sleep until about 4.

So I didn't go to work this morning until 10:30 and the only reason I am here at all is because we have a really big bid today so they need me here. I have no problem being here, I didnt want to sit on the couch any longer, but I feel like I am infecting everyone and everyone seems to think so too. Thats one of the tough things about working in a small business, sometimes there is just no one to take your place so you just have to be there.

I have also not heard back from my realtor about the appraisal problem which means the sellers havent decided anything yet. This does not sit well with me. I would think if they were wanting to just sell the house and get it done, they would have come back with something by now. The delay makes me think they are weighing their options, which makes me nervous. Escrow closes in 7 days and in those 7 days I can get either really good news or really bad news and the only thing I can do is hope for the best.

This hasn't been my favorite week thus far. Good thing the weekend is coming up. Bad things never happen on weekends:)

3 comments:

Madison said...

Hope you feel better soon! Sucky deal with the appraisal, they can be such bullshit. We just had an issue with one we had done, told the appraiser he was an asshole and to stuff it!

Keeping my fingers crossed it works out for you!

edluv said...

ah neighbors.

so, for the weekend, saturday we're talking about watching ufc @ brian's and having everyone kick in a couple of bucks to cover the cost.

is the big house with the pool open this weekend?

Lulu said...

UFC at Brians sounds good, I am in.

Not sure yet if my parents will be gone over the weekend or not yet, my mom who got me sick is still sick but I should know tomorrow. But I am down for a swim/bbq/croquet get together there if it works out.