Wednesday, March 18

Today, I am a human highlighter

Spring weather is finally upon us! I love the warmth in the air and I also love that I can start wearing dresses comfortably again. One of the many gripes I have about winter is that figuring out what to wear is so much more difficult. When the weather is warm I pick a dress, throw on some heels and I am good to go.
Today, I am stepping somewhat outside of my comfort zone and I am sporting a bright pink dress. I don't really like the color pink because I don't really like to be seen as a girly girl and pink is the ultimate girly color. I bought this dress from Kmart of all places for a measely 22 bucks and was psyched about the deal. When I put it on today I realized just how bright it was and I felt like a ginormous highlighter. I didn't realize just how accurate that was until I put an actual highlighter up to my dress and saw that it was the exact same color:

I do love the dress though and I am trying to embrace my inner girly girl side by wearing it. It certainly brightens the room at the very least.
That picture reminds me that I need to start spray tanning again too.

3 comments:

edluv said...

damn, i was going to make a joke about tanning, and then your final line beat me to it. perhaps some tan will make the color seem less shockingly pink.

and kmart? was target too classy? are there even any of those left in the area?

Lulu said...

Heck yeah, I am not a snob I will totally shop at Target or Kmart or Walmart or a Thrift Store, a good deal is a good deal. I went to the Kmart in Clovis across from Sierra Vista Mall.

Madison said...

Loving the pink, even if it does match your highlighter! Kudos for dressing outside your comfort zone. Spray tan is a must though, will make the pink look less vibrant!