Wednesday, February 25

Well I guess I had that coming...

After my last post about how important sleep is and how I am not going out in order to get my sleep, I got virtually no sleep last night thanks to the Fat Tuesday celebrators a.k.a. amateurs. Although I am quite glad I wasn't out amongst all of those people I was woken up about every 20 minutes from the hours of 10 to 2:30.

If it wasn't loud drunk idiots walking to their cars it was a hellicoptor or a siren or a stereo blasting or a harley breaking the sound barrier in front of my apartment. The drunk idiots are by far the most annoying of the bunch. I have never heard so many person yell "WOOO!!!" for no apparant reason. And that is how you know it is amateur night, what experienced drinker yells wooo? None of them do. I know.

Of course it doesnt help that my windows are from the 50's and offer virtually no sound barrier and that there seems to be some crazy amplification around my apartment. I swear that I heard someone talking on their cell phone and I could hear the person on the phone. Granted I couldn't make out what the other person was saying but still, that is ridiculous.

I looked at my calendar and it appears that St. Patrick's day is on a Tuesday this year as well so I will need to get some heavy duty ear plugs before then.

So I hope everyone who woke me up last night had fun, that they all have bags under their eyes as big as I do and that they are incredibly hungover today.

I need to move somewhere quieter, I am getting too old and cranky for this.

No comments: