Sunday, February 15

Last week I posted about rude groccery shoppers at Win-Co. To be fair to that establishment I feel I should add an addendum to that post.

Today at Trader Joe's an older man on his cell phone stepped in front of me when I was looking at the snacks. He stood there a good 30 seconds while I stood there patiently smirking (I was in a better mood because Trader Joe's gives away free samples and coffe)and he finally picked up a bag of organic cheese popcorn. He then moved on and I was able to see what was there and as I was reaching for the pita chips he walked right in front of me again, on his cell phone so he doesn't say excuse me and I had to move back to keep him from running into me.

Just another case of people being so self absorbed that they pay no attention to the people around them. I don't know this bothers me but maybe I am hyper aware of everyone around me because of the way I was raised, I was a super polite child. This guy was probably raised during the depression so he had to look out for himself hence the self absorption. Just a theory. A rather undeveloped and weak theory but a theory nonetheless.

1 comment:

Adam said...

This is exactly why I'm pushing for legislation that makes it illegal to talk on a cell phone while shopping.