Thursday, February 12

I Love Nuts


No, not those nuts, dez nuts:

It's true, they are a fantastically good food that I enjoy a bit too much sometimes but they are delicious in every form. Eating them raw, toasted, throwing them in salads or in wraps, adding them to oatmeal, on green beans...there really is no end to how to incorporate nuts into your diet and in general they are really good for you.

Over the past decade or so studies have shown that eating nuts protects against heart disease, high blood pressure, and adult-onset diabetes yada yada. Sounds good but to be honest I only really eat them because they taste good and when eaten correctly can help keep pounds off and any food that tastes good AND helps me from gaining fat gets an A plus in my book.

Serving sizes for nuts have always confused me, mostly because I ever bothered to learn what an ounce really is but thanks to the internet I don't have to know because it will tell me in a way that is easy for me to understand. 12 nuts compared to an ounce of nuts just makes a lot more sense to me!

Here is a link to the breakdown of good nuts, calorie count and serving size to reference. Or if you are a visual learner (like me) try this link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both Jay and I are with you on that. They are a great source of protein so that when you snack on them you really get a sense of being full.

yum yum yum!