Tuesday, February 17

I have gone and done it

Anyone who reads this blog (all 6 or 7 of you) knows that I am not very lucky in love. I don't date very often and the few dates I have been on in the past year have been at the very least unmemorable bores. Anyone who is single knows the difficulty of meeting new people and I have personally grown tired of thinking that someday I will turn a corner and a fantastic man will just magically come into my life. Riiight. I am not the most outgoing person or uber friendly person when you first meet me and I could speculate endlessly about why guys very seldom approach me or even seem interested but frankly I think it is time for me to be more pro-active and thus have gone and signed up for eharmony.

Why the public announcement you ask? Well I often get accused of being secretive (understandably)so I thought I would change things up and just be open and honest about the whole process. Besides I can pretty much guarantee there will be some funny material coming out of this (like when I spend half an hour filling out a questionnaire about myself and when I am done click "find matches" and the message that comes up says "Our matching system was not able to find any new matches for you right now"). My love life is usually a comedy.

Why eharmony and not match or one of the gazilion other dating sites? Well with eharmony you do the work up front and then for 3 months they will do the rest of the work for me and present me with matches. Let's be honest I kinda dig having men delivered to me. There is also a bit more seriousness with eharmony. I am not looking to hook up or date a 22 year old but I want to have a solid relationship. For the first time in my life I feel really comfortable with who I am and I have accepted myself flaws and all. I like who I am and I am confident and content so it feels like a good time to look for someone.

So with all of that being asaid, let the adventures in eharmony commence! Check back for updates on what dating is like in 2009 for all of you old married people out there.

5 comments:

edluv said...

sweet. are you going to blog about it? that would be very sex and the city of you. wait, would it? didn't sarah jessica horseface (yeah, cheap shots rule!) write like a dating column or something?

good luck. when/if you bring someone around we'll try and be nice. or at least honest later.

Adam said...

Good luck to you.

I'm going to try and be all about positive support for you this time around.

No ridicule here. I hope you find success.

Unknown said...

Thanks boys, I appreciate the well wishes. And yes I will blog about it but not so much Sex in the City because Carrie was not all that funny with her writing. It will probably be more like Chelsea Handler except not as mean and probably not as funny...whatever, it is what it is!

Kris10 said...

I have heard that online dating can work, so I say go for it! :)

Lulu said...

Yeah, I think I havce heard you say that before too...I think it was at your wedding reception, something about you and Chris...