Wednesday, February 18

The Economy Sucks But You Can Get Good Deals

I like to eat. I like to eat out at restaurants because I hate doing dishes. I don't however make enough money to go out regularly so when I come across a website that offers gift certificates to local restaurants at a discounted price, I get a little giddy.

Restaurant.com lets you search by city or zip code and then you can go through the list of restaurants and buy discounted gift certificates. The most common is a $25 gift certificate that you can purchase for $10 and you usually have to spend a minimum of $35 on food for it to be valid. Some of the restaurants listed of note in Fresno are:
-Max's Bistro
-Livingstone's
-Samba
-Sal's
-Thaiphoon
-Landmark
-Sante Fe Basque
-Dai Bai Dang

Not a bad deal if you are going to be dining with other people since it is pretty easy to spend $35 in a group.

4 comments:

edluv said...

wait, i spend $10, and they give me a coupon for $25. then i have to spend at least another $10 for it to be used? so i have to spend $20 to get $35?

Lulu said...

You spend 10 to get the 25 dollar GC. In order to use it your bill has to come out to at least 35 bucks. So if your bill was 50 bucks you would actually only be paying 35 total which saves you 15 bucks. I dont know about you but I would be happy abpout saving 15 bucks off a meal.

edluv said...

hey, i'm happy paying less, i'm just thinking about a $35 bill and what i'm actually paying, which apparently is $20. which is good.

Adam said...

I had to sit and do that same math Ed. I was like, wait...Ooooooooh, I get it.