Sunday, January 11

Tales From The Gym

Friday afternoon I had another odd encounter at Centerpoint. When I walked into the weight room I saw Ed on the leg extension machine! Ok that wasn't the odd thing but it was really good to finally see him there and hopefully it is a regular thing and maybe Heather will join him in the future too.

On to the freak show though. I am minding my own business just working on my fitness and this man I see there somewhat regularly but have never really spoken with walks up to me and asks how my reading comprehnsion was. Not sure where this question came from or what he is getting at I ask what he means and he basically repeats the question to which I reply, "sure I guess so". He then hands me a somewhat thick unmarked manilla envelope and starts walking away. I ask him what he is while he is leaving and he says something about the healthcare system and keeps going. I open it up and glance at whats inside and it appears to be a study titled "The Model emergency Health Powers Act". Great, I go to the gym and some random dude gives me homework. I put it away and continue on with my workout.

Well I finally got around to actually looking at it today and it is not one study, it is a collection of studies and newspaper articles about various health care issues ranging from the Black Death, radioactive materials, pesticides, obesity and government mind control with little handwritten notes all over the place. One note reads, "San Joaquin Valley. See MRSA & pesticides coupled with large dairy industry perfect 'anthrax' cover" Awesome. Not only do I not want to read this crap and wont read it, but now he has a reason to come up to me and talk to me. Oh yeah and it seems he might be just a little bit crazy.

These are the days of my life, *sigh*.

1 comment:

edluv said...

funny stuff. i like that it's a collection of articles with handwritten notes on them. true crazy style.