Friday, January 9

Quickie Post

I don't have time for an eloborate post at the moment so here is a quick rundown of some things that I have been on my mind lately:

- It is a CCR kind of day. CCR is just one of those bands that always puts me in a better and more mellow mood. I am super busy at work and I put them on and somehow it took the edge off. Please to enjoy one of my favorite songs:


- I signed up for another sewing class, this time from Clovis Adult School. I really didn't care for my instructor last time I tried to take this course. She went way to fast even though it was a beginner course because half the people in there had sewn stuff before and I didn't even know how to turn the machine on. I stopped going after the first day and got a refund because I was already completely lost and there were only 4 classes so it was going too fast for me. This course is 8 weeks long so it should be a slower pace. I am absolutely dying to learn how to sew though so I am sticking with this one.

- I am also going to try to incorporate more vegetarian meals into my diet. With the increasing sensitivity of my stomach, meat has not been sitting well with me. I love the tatse of meat so I would never go completely vegetarian but I think eating a little less heavy might improve my stomach situation. What concerns me the most is not getting enough protein though so I need to educate myself on what the best non-meat foods that are high in protein and get some recipes. I know tofu and soy are good substitutes and eggs have a lot of protein, but outside of that I don't really know. I just need to keep tweaking my diet until I find the main culprit of my problems and find what works best for me.

- I really hate winter. I don't know how long it has been since we have seen the sun here in Fresno but it is too freakin long if you ask me and it is getting me depressed. I am going to have to start tanning or something. Oh how I long for the days of sun and warmth and not having to wear layers and jackets. Getting dressed this morning I changed several times because I just couldnt get it right, freezing the entire time. In the summer and spring all I do is throw on a dress and heels and I am done, it is so much easier!

And with that I get back to work for a few more hours before I can officially say the weekend has begun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the sun too. Monica and I were just talking about that this afternoon. We usually get a nice mid-sixties day here and there during the winter....

I guess if meat is giving you a hard time, dairy is also. Other than that, I suggest almonds and pecans as a supplemental source of protein. Pecans are a good anti-oxidant and they contain the good kind of fat. (; And what about fish? I know that's technically still a meat, but I'm sure it would be easier on your system.

edluv said...

beans (i think) are decent protein source.

Lulu said...

Yeah milk isnt too bad and I can throw some protein powder in there too but fish is something I am wary of making on my own. You are right though it would be easier on my system, I just have to get over my fear and ignorance of how to prepare it.

And the even though the forecast said it would be overcst all weekend, lo and behold the sun today!!!