Saturday, January 3

I woke up this morning at about 7:30 and decided to go grocery shopping. I was having trouble sleeping last night which continued this morning so I just had to get up and do something. Early morning is a great time to go grocery shopping too, you basically have the store to yourself and there is no waiting in line.

I have been eating out more lately so I was happy to have food in my fridge and since I got a new cookbook, there are several recipes I am eager to try. Tonight I am giving spaghetti squash with ground turkey and a red sauce a try. I have had spaghetti squash before but never made it myself so hopefully it works out alright. I also made a nice breakfast burrito this morning that was super yummy.

In other news you may have noticed I have been a little distant lately and you would be right. I have felt melancholy and that my life is just overall stale at the moment. This happens to me every so often and I will typically retreat and not want to go out and do things for a little while. I guess I am just sort of bored with doing the same things and I am tired of drinking every weekend and I am mad at myself for living my life in contradiction. That pesky cognitive dissonance really bothers me and effects how I see myself and I am at the point where I am ready to draw the line. So if you see changes in me or if you see me sad/angry/frustrated just know that I am trying to work things out for myself and be happy. I will be fine, I just need to re-assess myself and get back on track.

5 comments:

The Mrs/Mom said...

We cook spaghetti squash a lot. We cut it in half and take out all the seeds and the yucky innards. Then put it in the oven and bake it at 350 for 20-30 min. We don't have an official time. We squeeze the halves periodically and when they get really squishy then it's done. We take it out and take a fork to it to get all the "noodles". We've also done it in the microwave and put it in a dish of water to steam it. A pyrex bowl works great for that. fill the bowl about 1/3 and pt the squash in it and cook like 5-10 min...i think I can't remember the time.

ok this comment lasted longer than I thought. I thought it could help with your meal. As for the melancholy, I hope you can be happy with yourself with the time you are taking. Hope you can work it out. New years always seems to do this to people. I'm kind of going through the same thing, but different circumstances.

Again sorry for the long comment.

Adam said...

If you ever want to do something different, like drive somewhere for the weekend, I'm sure you could find a few of us that would join in and mix things up.

Good luck with the squash.

Lulu said...

Thanks for the tips on the squash Becky, that actually saves me from having to look that up! I am excited to try something new so I will let you know how it goes. Also thanks for the encouragement, we may not be going thru the same things but we all understand those feelings.

Adam - yeah I dont blame anyone but myself for being bored. I havent come up with any ideas of different things to do but I will think about some new things we could do and try to be more proactive.

edluv said...

heather wants to go bowling.

Lulu said...

I missed your comment about Heathers suggestion to go bowling, I think thats a great idea and we should go when she gets back from Austin.