Wednesday, January 14

Ginger Root

In my quest to ease my stomach problems I have decided to give Ginger Root supplements a try. Ginger root has been used in alternative medicine and obviously cooking for quite some time and one of its listed benefits is easing digestive problems.

Ginger root extract can help the digestive process by breaking down proteins and it alleviates nausea (and morning sickness-not that this is relevant to me but if you are pregnant it is a safe method for helping with that) by relaxing stomach muscles. And as a bonus, Ginger root extract has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as well. As an antioxidant, it may help boost immunity and relieve the symptoms of colds and flu. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it useful in treating pain and inflammation caused by arthritis, and it is effective in treating muscle pain as well. Sounds good to me!

I don't care for the taste of ginger, I think it tastes like soap, so supplements would be better for me than the real thing. I hope this can help, even if it is a slight improvement. I have been pretty good the past few days but still experiencing symptoms. Since modern medicine basically shrugs its shoulders at IBS, I am more than willing to try different methods, as long as they are proven safe, and obviously ginger root is not dangerous.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Madison said...

You could also try a tea called "Get Relief" it works for digestion issues as well as Dandelion Root tea. You should only drink the Dandelion Root tea in 4-6 week intervals though. Both work well for me so I thought I would share the knowledge!

Lulu said...

Thanks, I appreciate that and I will look into those suggestions. I know you have had stomach problems as well so I trust your opinion!

Anonymous said...

Νo mattег if sοme onе searcheѕ for his essentiаl thing, therefoгe he/ѕhе wishes to be avаilаble that in detail, so that
thing is maintаinеd oveг hеre.

Herе iѕ my blog about street smart taxi