Tuesday, December 2

Not Having a Remote is Going to Make Me Fat

I know I complained about my remote not working awhile ago and yet I still havent done anything to rectify the sitution. Instead I am going to complain about an unanticipated consequence of not being able to channel surf, eating more.

Before the remote failed I would happily watch 2-3 programs at once, never having to watch a single commercial. I always thought I had just been missing those awful, annoying and uncreative gems of commercials that marketing departments get paid way too much money to create, like this terrible, terrible milk commercial. Turns out though, I had also been missing all of the food commercials that makes things I have no desire to eat look absolutely irresistable. For example the Quiznos Flat Bread Sandwhich commercials make my mouth water and dont get me started on pizza commercials. There is something about the power of suggestion and even though I havent gone out to get the exact thing I saw a commercial for, I have definitely gotten a snack when I am not at all hungry just because it looked good and I was bored. It is much easier to say no to temptation when you dont actually see the temptation because I am not going to sit at home and daydream about cookies all on my own. Show me a Peppridge Farm Commercial and it is all over though.

This is a whole new level of will power I need to conjure up. Night is my time of weakness anyway so I may be in trouble. I am really good about eating healthy during the day and have virtually no cravings for high caloric/unhealthy food. When the sun goes down though and I am sitting at home, hungry from working out and I want to eat anything and everything that has sugar or salt. I may actually need to go down to Comcast and wait in line for 30 minutes to get a replacement remote. Either that or continue doing what I have been trying to do which is read during commercial breaks.

Oh lets be honest, I am not getting a new remote anytime soon. I am really quite bad at doing those little things that are so easy to procrastinate doing. If my pants start getting tight though, drastic action will have to be taken.

3 comments:

m.wise said...

where did you and your parents eat for thanksgiving?

Lulu said...

We went to Mimis Cafe. Unfortunately I was under the impression that they only had a Thanksgiving menu since thats all they gave us but they had a full menu available, which I found out after ordering the turkey dinner, doh! It was fine, I just dont get excited for Thanksgiving food. Good pumpkin pie though!

Lulu said...

Actually the Flat Bread Sandwhiches are from Subway not Quiznos, my apologies to Subway.