Monday, December 1

I am not a big product gal. I shop at Target and Avon for all of my hair, skin and make up products. Maybe if I had more money it would be something I would spend more on but as it is I shop for a bargain. In the process I have come across some really worthless products and occasionally really good ones. Recently I have found a few that I feel obligated to tell peole about (boys if you are still reading you may want to stop reading now, girl stuff).

Ok first, Avon Magic Skin Prefector. It is an air-light gel-powder colorless formula that is supposed to impove the appearance of your skin tone and you can wear it alone or under foundation. What I like best about this product is that it makes your skin feel flawless and really really soft. I just want to keep touching my face. I have freckles and uneven skin tone anyway so I didnt see a huge improvement there but my foundation go on better. It also has sn SPF of 20 so you are covered from at least some sun damage. Cost: $10.00

Second, Avon Clinincal Advance Wrinkle Corrector. I dont have too many wrinkles or fine lines but they are definitely there and this product really does seem to lessen their appearance quite a bit, especially around my eyes. Overall my face feels very moisturized as well and it smells good. Cost: $32 (this is a splurge for me)

Third, Pixi Eye Brightener. I looked at the price of another product when I got this otherwise I wouldnt have spent that much money but I am glad I did. You put this under your eyes to hide dark circles which I often get and it makes a HUGE difference. I have really thin light skin around my eyes so I tend to have a bluish tone but it is hardly noticable when I wear this, even when I dont wear concealer over it. I have tried many products to hide my circles but this is by far the best one I ever tried and no one has said I look tired in awhile.
Cost: $24.00 (Find it at Target)

Third, Loreal Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Airbrush self Tanning Mist. I love tan skin not so much skin cancer so I am a big fan of slelf tanners. This spray goes on really easily and you dont have to rub it in and get tan palms. It smells ok and doesnt last a long time but it is great to use if you want to show a little leg and not blind people. Cost: $10.00

Finally, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream. I almost chopped off my hair a few weeks ago because it was really dry and tangled really easily. I have tried multiple products to deal with this problem including expensive salon products, but this product is far and away better than those. My hair is a lot softer and it doesnt feel or look dry anymore so now I can keep growing it out, wee! It also smells really good. Cost: $4.00

Ahh beauty products, one of the joys of being a woman.

4 comments:

Monticore said...

Interesting the Anew clinical strength sounds interesting. I was looking at a catalog at desastre's house and I saw they had 4 different lines of the Anew products in varrying strengths. I just for the life of me could not understand why you wouldn't just go for the clinical strength. Because really when you're looking at anti-aging products do you think to yourself I just want the stuff that only works a little bit.?

Lulu said...

I really dont know if my skin is just a lot more moisturized or what is making the difference but I did notice an improvement, but it is still reasonably priced. And when I was at the old folks home a lady asked how old I was and when I told her she thought I was 16. Granted she was old, possible senile but I like to think it was my skin thanks to Anew;)
And yeah, if you are going anti age, why not go for the gusto especially if the cost isnt that much greater.

Also I want to reiterate how much I like the skin perfector from Avon. It seriously gives you that baby butt feel to your skin. And who doesnt want to feel like an ass?

timidvenus said...

you dont wear bare minerals?

Monticore said...

Yeah I thought they issued a starter kit to all women in 2005.