Thursday, November 20

LIFE Photo Archive Hosted By Google

Google and Life Magazine have gotten together to release millions of photographs from the 1750's to today. I love looking at old photography so I could spend hours looking through all of the archives, here is just a taste:
This one is from the Civil War

.
Not sure the date, but I love the way the light looks(Ed this might be a cool painting)


I love how fancy people used to dress. I also really like how the top of this dress looks, it makes my mind whirl with how it could be updated for a more modern look. I could look at fashion photography for days though, especially vintage, they just look so impecable.



You can search for just about anything so if you have some time to waste, browse the archives. You can even order and frame any of the prints.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, I've seen that Civil War one before. I am so morbidly fascinated by war photos.

I have a book of WW I pics and there's one of a body laying out in a wasteland and the caption describes how the Germans (in this instance) would tie a string to the wrist and then to a tree branch and make the body look like it was waving for help so people would come out of protection to rescue it.

People are fucked up sometimes.

Lulu said...

I agree, I also find them disturbingly fascinating. I think it is good to see them too because they capture the truth of war without sugar coating it. It is easy to gloss over those atrocities when you dont live it or see it.