Friday, November 21

The Best and the Worst

Bravo To Reese Witherspoon who absolutely nailed it at a party last night:

This is a very classy yet glamorous look and every detail is perfect. I love her hair, the dress and accessories are great and I adore the shoes. I actually saw these shoes at Banana Republic and wanted them but they were too expensive, go figure (but if anyone is feeling generous, Christmas is coming up). Reese isnt a celebrity I normally think of that is known for fashion but perhaps I have underestimated her style, she looks great.

And on the other hand:

For some reason Maggie Gyllenhaal always likes to dress like an old lady. She sort of has an older looking face anyway and this outfit is not helping her look any younger. She could pull off that classic glamourous look really well too but she is also very anti Hollywood so I guess this is just her style. Maybe she should just get away from the Golden Girls look every once in awhile.

6 comments:

Adam said...

I want more objectification. Which is prettier? Maggie or Reese?

Lulu said...

I wasnt talking about nor do I have any desire to comment on how pretty either of them are, I was only referring to their outfits.

Adam said...

Hence my comment.

Monticore said...

Well Reese looks cute but her face is pretty frozen it makes her look like a doll.

And for poor Mags what can I say that hasn't already been said.

It begs the question that how can to women who are both connected to each other through Jake G-hall be so different.

Lulu said...

I agree Reese she does look somewhat doll like, especially with her hair being so perfect. She is just a small little elf like thing anyway though.

I didnt even think about the Jake connection, good call on that. And Reese is actually a year older than Maggie but that dress and those shoes make her seem older a lot older than Reese. When she was in that teacher movie with Julia Roberts that was set in the 50's(?), she looked fantastic, that style of dress really suited her and her curves but the dumpy dress and leggings and boots from the 1800s, not so much.

Madison said...

Love Reese's outfit! Classic, clean lines and beautiful color on her skin. Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. Either fire your stylist or hire one. Doesn't she have a full-length mirror at home? It's plain dowdy and very reminiscent of the movie Lulu referred to (Mona Lisa Smile).