Thursday, October 2

Whiney Post



It is Thursday afternoon and I havent heard from my Landlord about whether or not my apartment is accessible yet. I only have clothes packed for (2) nights and days and by the condition the stairs were in last night after a full day of work, it is looking like it might be more than (2) nights - even though he originally said (1). They hadn't taken anything down, the only change I saw was the posts on the balcony leaning and they had blocked off the staircase. This is super annoying for many reasons:

First, I adore and cherish my alone time. I am an big time introvert and I just cant be around people 24/7 without getting irritated. Most nights of the week I am alone and I am fine with that because being around people for long periods of time is exhausting to me. I have been gone one night and I already just want to be home and my own place. I know it sounds like I am going to eventually be the crazy hermit lady that lives alone with her 14 dogs but it is groups of people that are most tiring to me, one on one I am usually ok with. Of course I still have to find someone to put up with my idiosyncrasies...*sigh* maybe I will be the crazy hermit dog lady:(

Second, going to my gym is problematic since I work far away from it and my parents live in the opposite direction. If I were to go to the gym I would have to add 40 minutes of drive time which is not cool. Exercising is my other stress/boredom relief and I can still run, but I also lift weights 4-5 days a week and I cant do that at my parents. Basically, it is fucking up my workout schedule which I loathe.

Third, I look forward to going out Friday nights because it is the one night of the week I can go out, have fun and then sleep in the next day. I am super tired from the lack of sleep from last night although I am glad I went out, I definitely needed that. If I have to spend the night with my parents on Friday that puts a serious damper on my weekend. And I know you have all been super nice to offer me a place to crash, but I dont really like spending the night at other peoples places. I dont sleep as well, it is weird in the morning because you arent sure when you should wake up and you dont want to be a bother and I hate getting up the next day in the same clothes with a gritty face and teeth. I just love sleeping in my own bed. Besides, I have nothing to wear since I only brought clothes for 2 work days, I will be going out in my high waisted pencil skirt and work shirt looking like I am going to fax something at any moment.

Fourth, the food in my fridge is going to go bad!

Fifth, my dad has tv watching ADD. He easiy watches 3-4 shows at the same time, changing to a different station each time a commercial comes on so you cant really watch anything. Last night it was baseball, football, a show on the history channel about who would win in a fight between Mega Lion and the Short Nosed Bear (the short nosed bear won btw) animals that existed during and right after the big ice age, and a show on shark attacks.

Sixth, the VP debate is on tonight which I am very interested to see because it is important and I also because I studied gender differences in regard to communication and I am interested to see how the double bind that females face in regard to leadership and communication plays out here. This is all fine and good because my parents will no doubt watch it, but my mom especially is soooo right wing and she will be making comments the entire time.

In sum, I am annoyed that my schedule is disupted and I dont get any time to myself while this work is being done. I dont blame my landlord, those stairs really needed to be replaced and I know how construction goes, it is never smooth or timely. I am crabby pants today anyway, my stomach has been giving me fits and I really need a nap. It is just hard to work and live with your parents at the same time. Luckily though I told my sister that I will deal with my parents now and when they get old they can retire to Austin and then she gets them from then on. Good luck with that sissy poo;)

5 comments:

Lulu said...

Mellow I just saw the comment you left on my post below about using your guest room and thanks! That is much more comfortable than someones couch and I wont feel like I am as much in the way. Hopefully I will be able to get into my apartment by then but if not I ill probably take you up on that.

Madison said...

Just a thought, be sure to press your landlord for a discount on rent if construction goes on longer than the time he allotted. You might save a few bucks! Bummer about not having your space and alone time. I feel for you!

Lulu said...

Yeah he told me to hold my rent check unhtil it was done so he should pro-rate me something. Unfortunately that doesnt include pain and suffering though;)

But another thing I didnt think of before is that I have a package being delivered from Nike and if it comes while they are working, god knows what they will do with it and once a company has sent something they cannot change the address to which it is to be delivered. They cant even get to my door to leave me a post it saying they have been there. Grrrr.

Kris10 said...

For the record, I never remember agreeing to taking care of the 'rents when they retire...but we do have the old folks home right around the corner from where we live, I will have to go check out pricing for that lovely place ;)

Lulu said...

Well it is only fair, I have to go to all the family functions by myself right now and just the other day I had to try to explain to them that you can access any website on any computer! And that retirement home you speak of is quite lovely;)