Wednesday, October 29

Things That Annoy Me

I don't do well with people who are not direct with me. If there is a problem or issue just tell me, you don't need to beat around the bush or try to hint at it. I am a big girl, I am not going to take it personally. I will however get annoyed if I have to try to figure out what your point is. I know some people are uncomfortable with any perceived conflict but if you dont just tell me straight out whats going on I have to assume which can be problematic. Here is an example:

A. "Hey Kasey, I need you to make sure you include the time extension on the CORs and in Constructware"

B. "Hey Kasey, I noticed that the CORS dont all contain time extensions but the ones on Constructware do, I thought that was funny"

I choose A because my answer to that is "Ok". With option B, I have to figure out if your point is you want me to change something, you want me to start doing something differently in the future, you need me to look up something to ensure the time extension was recieved, is it funny strange or funny haha... What is your point? Just tell me!

By the way Constructware is a computer program we use on some projects to communicate with the Architect. Also, I asked those questions brought up by option B and his response was "I just thought it was funny".

3 comments:

Adam said...

Hey Kasey, I thought this post was funny, but I'm not saying in which way.

Lulu said...

:) Is it because you are the same way?

Adam said...

Pshaw. If I tell someone, I'll tell 'em straight. Usually, I just prefer not to say anything at all which is less passive aggressive and more inept.