Friday, September 12

The Weekend Is Coming! The Weekend Is Coming!

Finally it is Friday afternoon and the work week is almost over. It was a busy week for me, my dad was out of town until Thursday so I had a lot of slack to pick up at work. I was happy to step it up though since my dad works 10 hours a day and rarely takes time off so he deserves time away without having to worry that his business is going to crash and burn. In addition it is nice to know that I can handle things and make decisions on my own and not screw things up. Today is also his 58th birthday so he took the afternoon off to golf, his one and only guilty pleasure.

Looking ahead at the weekend, there are several things I wish to accomplish. I am getting my hair did tomorrow and have decided on the following color:

I am not sure how to describe that color, a little blonde, a little red, a little brown, but will see what happens when the color actually gets on my hair because my hair has a mind of its own.

I am also planning on doing a little thrift store shopping to see what I can find. That reminds me that I really need to get my act together and learn how to sew. I am in need of one on one instruction because I need to learn by doing and I so have no idea what I am doing so I will be a bit high maintenance at the start. There are many times that I will have an outfit or pieces of clothing in mind that I want to have but I cant find anywhere. And yes I am the kind of girl that actually day dreams about clothes.

The football game is also Saturday night so I know I will be watching it, I just dont know where. I sort of want to go someplace and watch it, but I need to go to bed pretty early because I need to be well rested for Sundays run. I would see if peeople would want to come over but I want the freedom to be able to say "peace out" when I am ready to call it a night, which may be before the game is over.

Sunday I am doing an 18 miler. Lessons learned from last weeks run are to eat really well on Saturday, bring my body glide, bring more gatorade, bring a change of shirt if I get too sweaty and wear a hat. My mom is going to be able to ride with me so thats a huge help so I think it will go well. The rest of Sunday will probably consist of me taking a nap and writing thank you cards to everyone who has donated money for Girls on the Run. Fundraising is going pretty well but I am hoping that there are some people (ahem) that are going to donate but havent gotten around to it yet...I also want to bake something this weekend. Not sure what but I havent baked anything in probably almost a year and it will be a nice little reward on Sunday.

Thats my weekend, anyone still with reading?

No comments: