Sunday, September 14

I Love A Good Deal

I went to a few thrift stores yesterday and found a few items at a really price. I figure that with my shopping fetish as it is, it might be a good idea to do some of my shopping at second hand stores to save me a few bucks. Here is what I found:

This is my favorite item, a red high waisted pencil skirt that fits perfectly. The material is almost a twead so it can be worn for all seasons and the best part is it cost me a whopping 84 cents!

Florals are big this season and although I have always shyed away from anything overly feminine, I thought this dress might work well with a black belt and shoes. It was only 3 bucks so I figured even if I ended up not liking it, it was no big loss. When I put it together I loved it though. The black accessories are a nice contrast to the flowering print, making it less girly. I also liked the blue, green and purple colors.

These funky little numbers look better in person, but I just thought they were fun. The heel isnt too high and the pattern is a colorful snakeskin. I might have a problem finding something to wear with them but since they were so cheap I had to get them.

I also got a short khaki green mini skirt that I will wear with tights when it gets colder. It isnt anything special though so I didnt take a picture.

Thirft store shopping is very tiring which is why I dont do it very often. It is fun to look for items that are unique though. I need to look for some more thrift stores or more vintage shops to find a better quality of items but I was pleased with what I came out with. The grand total of my purchases was 12 dollars, not too bad for 4 items.

6 comments:

edluv said...

which ones did you go to?

good work on your choices.

Lulu said...

I didnt even go to the good ones, I hit a Salvation Army and Goodwill and then the on on First and McKinley and the one right there on Van Ness.

I need to find the ones downtown, I hear good things.

m.wise said...

who says you have to wear those shoes with anything else? not me!

Adam said...

The clothes are cute and pretty but I'm curious about the hair. How did that go?

Lulu said...

Ahh the hair, I wasnt able to get the color done unfortunately. She suggested highlights which takes longer than an all over color so I had to re-schedule the color portion.
I loooved the scalp and hand massage and she did a good job with the cut, but it was just a trim so no change really.

And yes Mike, technically I dont have to wear anything with those shoes - in fact the colors go well with my tattoo so I would coordinate well, but just like I am not going to make out with a girl at a bar, I am not going to walk around naked. So sorry;)

edluv said...

anytime you want, and i have a free day, we could go hit up 4-5 thrift stores downtown. i enjoy looking through stuff, although i've not had much success searching for women's clothes. i'll find about any guy i go with easily 4 cool shirts, so this could be a fun little challenge for me.