Tuesday, September 23

Shocking Shake Facts


You all know I am the type of person to watch what I eat and keep my calorie count in check, but even I was shocked with the nutritional info of a new shake at Baskin Robbins.

The Heath Bar shake contains 2,300 calories - that is as many calories as is reccomended that an adult male have in an entire day - a half a pound of sugar and 60 grams of saturated fat.
Source

It is menu items like that which make me think that nutritional info should be listed on menus. I would never order this in the first place, but I also would never believe it was as bad for you as it is. I would think knowing that may stop at least a few people from ordering diabetes in a cup.

Instead, try some Kashi products for FREE. These cookies are not a low calorie food, they have 130 calories per cookie, but they are also loaded with good things for you with ingredients like sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, cranberries, flax seeds, and dark chocolate. They even have whole grains and fiber. All you have to do is give your address and they will mail you a cookie!

3 comments:

Adam said...

See, but I'm on the Michael Phelps diet so I can totally have four of those for breakfast.

Lulu said...

Regardless if they make you gain weight or not (lucky bastard), 60 grams of saturated fat and a half a pound of sugar is not good for you!

Adam said...

Says you! I'm not training for a marathon. =P