Monday, September 22

Awesomely Bad Song of the Day

MC Hammer's "Pumps & a Bump" is my awesomely bad song of the day. I recently downloaded it because it is just a fun song to listen to when you are working out and I always kinda liked the song. Any song that praises women for having asses has a soft spot in my heart.

When this song came out MC Hammer got a lot of crap from trying to re-invent himself as more of a hard core rapper as opposed to his clean image he used when his album with "Can't Touch This" came out. I know there was some song that had the lyric "you've got to pray just to make it today" which makes a follow up song about women with big butts, high heels and sex a little unexepected and forced. Had anyone else came out with this song it would probably have had more success but regardless, I still like it.

I hadnt had the pleasure of seeing the video until now though. The most awesomely bad part of this video without a doubt is Hammer's tiger stripped banana hamock that he wears inexplicibly with what appears to be black leather gloves. He isnt shy about his banana hamock either as he swings it around at half mast shamelessly. This was probably the nail in the coffin of Hammer's career. In any case, be prepared to be transported back to the 90's in all its glory and please to enjoy:

6 comments:

Adam said...

That's worse than David Bowie's crotch in The Labyrinth.

Lulu said...

Oh I know, its baaad. David Bowie's crotch is disturbing enough but at least he isnt behind you grinding and flopping it around! I feel like he is that guy at the party or the club that comes behind you and dances with you without you knowing it and your friends have to pull you away to save you because you dont even know he is there until you feel something brush against you...

Lulu said...

I just had a GREAT idea. Adam you go as Mark Spitz and Ed or Brian can go as Hammer in this video. All you need is gloves and a banana hamock!

Monticore said...

Leave Bowie alone he is Hot

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm not even going to watch teh video because i still have the memory of hammer's junk swinging about the bananna sling from when i was younger.

-ed

Unknown said...

I had that album.

I'm working on a video for my song about gardening in Colorado: Rakes and a Snake. I do my thang dancing around with tassles on my bicep cuffs and my toenails painted, all the while repeating rakes and a snake, rakes and a snake... The video ends with me being bitten by a rattler and getting high from it and meeting John Denver.

Makes about as much sense.