Tuesday, September 9

I got a letter in the mail yesterday...

...and it was from Remzija, the woman I am sponsoring for a year through Women for Women International. I was super excited to get my first letter from her because it seems incredible to be communicating with a woman from Bosnia that I otherwise would have never even known existed. The letter was translated for me, but I also received a copy of the written copy in her writing. Here is what it said:

Dear Respected Friend,

Firstly, I want to greet you and ask you for the health of your family and you. My family and I are doing well. It is the summer here and we have many things to do inside and outside the house. On meetings in the organization "Women for Women" I go often and I have a great time socializing with women from my group. We talk about topics related to the life of a woman and exchange opinions. I decided to take a course in cutting over and I hope to learn something new. I am using this opportunity to thank you for deciding to be my sponser. I wish you all the best in your life. Iam looking forward to receive your letter, soon.

I send many greetings to you frokm Bosnia.
Your friend,
Remzjia

Obviously there were some minor translation issues, I havent a clue what cutting over is but I hope to find out once she gets my letter. I was excited to hear from her though and make a more meaningful connection than just through monetary means.

2 comments:

Adam said...

That's pretty damn cool.

Monticore said...

It's wonderful that you are able to do this for someone else.