Monday, September 8

I Didn't Watch The VMA's But...

So I honestly haven't watched MTV in probably 2 years or so but I do follow the fashion blogs and although I loathe to admit it, I also read some of the celebrity gossip blogs. Here are some thoughts I had on the subject of last nights VMA's:

Britney Spears won Best Pop Video?? I wasn't even aware she had released any music in the past year. I was somewhat baffled (especially after I saw the video, god that song sucks) until I saw who she was up against; Danity Kane, Jonas Brothers (more on how annoying they are later), Panic at the Disco (eh) and some band Tokio Hotel where they guys wear entirely too much make up. I won't get started on how unattaractive guys who wear make up are, but words arent neccesary once you see this:

She also won best female video and best video. Hmmm, curious that when she is supposidly on a come back and she wins these awards. I smell marketing.

How sad that this is the best that 2008 had to offer. And yes I know that less main stream music is better so you music snobs dont need to jump down my throat for that comment.

Moving on,

It's a man, baby!

So back to Britney, here is proof that a spackled on make up, extensions and teeth whitening can make you perty.

Before:


After:

By the way, Taylor Swift needs to get a different expression besides pursed lips and squinty eyes. Seriously google image her and you will know what I am talking about.

Lil' Wayne, better to be heard and not seen:


Lauren Conrad looks like she is afraid that if she gets a little too close to Tila Tequila she might get a veneral disease:

Maybe she is smarter than I thought.

Hey there is that Michael Phelps guy again!

He is about 5 minutes left of his 15 minutes so I hope he enjoys it, and wouldnt you? Looks like he is taking full advantage.

Finally, this makes me want to barf a little:

God they are irritating little bastards.

Alright I have wasted enough time, back to work.

4 comments:

Adam said...

I keep hearing about these Jonas brothers and I have no clue who they are. Guess I'll have to visit youtube when I get home today.

Lulu said...

Ok I had never actually heard their music, but just looking at them is irritating enough.

I think I am getting old.

Monticore said...

Not sure where to start. I could rant for 30 minutes about the VMA's especially how down hill it has gone. It seriously looked like an slightly more expensive episode of TRL. I agree with you on all counts. And I don't think it's about getting old. The 20 year old at work said the Britney thing was totally riged.

Madison said...

Lil' Wayne looks like a freakin' scary circus freak. He's built all wierd.