Friday, August 1

What a difference a day makes!

After my day of being a complete mess, today is already shaping up to be a whole hell of a lot better.

I got 8 glorious hours of sleep last night and woke up and showered this morning so I feel pulled together and clean. I even blow dried my hair this morning which I never do. Of course this would have been more useful yesterday when it mattered but there is nothing I can do about it now. We will have job site meetings every two weeks so I will make a better impressioon then.

When I got to work this morning my dad pulls me into his office and closes the door, which usually means you are in trouble. This time however it was to tell me that he was giving me a 15% raise! This is my first raise I have ever recieved anywhere because I am usually not with a company long enough. I have been here for almost 2 years now so I have put in my time and especially recently I have had increased responsibility. I am not really doing anything special with the extra money but using it to pay off my debt which I am more than happy to do.

This weekend I am going to San Fran to run a half marathon and to celebrate my birthday with my friends Melissa and Brenda and I am very much looking forward to it. Well none of us are that excited about the run itself as our training for it hasnt been all that great but we get to spend a weekend in SF, so what if we have to torture ourselves for a few hours Sunday morning. Brenda has a friend who works for the Fairmont so we are going to be staying there. We get a really good discount and since the rooms are regularly like $350 a night it isnt very affordable without the discount. Sometimes it can be fun to be fancy schmancy for a weekend.

I return Monday and my birthday is Tuesday but I was hoping to go out for dinner and drinks on Saturday the 9th. I am thinking we can just go to Mr. Sushi and then Landmark. Anyway anyone who reads this is invited and I will be more specific next week.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Madison said...

Congrats on the raise and good luck at the race!

Monticore said...

Everythings comming up Milhouse!

Lulu said...

Thanks! I am so getting coffee today and not feeling guilty about it. And yes it is, I love that line:)

m.wise said...

good luck with the race.