Thursday, August 28

Somewhat Peeved

Today when I got to work I found out that I would be spending most of the morning out of the office going all over town. This doesnt happen very often, usually I will drop something off or pick something up on my way to or from work. Even more rare is for me to go to a job site if it isnt a scheduled meeting. I rather enjoy being out and about for a little while because it gets me away from behind my desk and a reprive from the office bs, or so I thought.

One of the stops was to drop off a billing at a job site, which was literally thrown at me as I was walking out the door. Again I had no intention of going to a job site and it is very rare that I visit one so when I was getting dressed this morning, it was not what was on my mind. What was on my mind was that it was going to be 106 degrees and I was bloated. My solution was to wear a somewhat short t-shirt dress and flats. It is loose and not at all clingy, in fact sometimes I think I look pregnant in it because it has no shape - perfect for hiding a little bit of a bloated tummy. It is also super comfortable and I was anticipating I would be sitting at a desk all day with my dad, mom and Susan being the only ones who will see me.

Anyway when I got to the jobsite I called the superintendent to come out and pick up the billing because they were doing grade work and so the trailer was surrounded by dirt and trucks. I handed it off and got in my truck and left. I know that a water truck drove by while I was in the parking lot waiting but that was the only worker that I saw or saw me.

When I get back to the office I get pulled aside and told that I the superintendent called and told them that the driver of the water truck almost hit him because he was looking at me (this is what he told the super, I did not just assume). I thought that he called because he thought it was funny but no he was mad and didnt think I should be wearing that to a job site. Well now I just feel stupid. I never go to jobsites, I just happened to this day and it happened to be a very hot day and I was bloated. I do not normally wear this and for at least 4 days of the week I am easily the most professionally dressed person in the office, over dressed if anything. Apparantly I should just be wearing old slacks, dirty loafers and hawaiian print polos.

I was just peeved that he would call to say that because I feel dumb about the whole thing and I cant even defend myself because I am not going to call him and explain that I am hot and bloated. Grrrrrr. I am going to be very paticular about what I wear tomorrow, I am thinking a head scarf and poncho.

4 comments:

Adam said...

You should call him and tell him to berate his fucking employee for leering. What a jackhole.

"I swear boss, I almost hit you because she was wearing a dress, not because I couldn't stop thinking with my cock."

Lulu said...

Adam, I heart you. You totally get it sometimes - not all the time but enough that I find you totally acceptable;)

Adam said...

Well you know, it's a fine line between loyalty to my friends and annoying the fuck out of them but I think I do a good job toeing that line.

Monticore said...

You're such a cutie he would stare no mater what you were wearing. And were is my project runway re-cap?