Wednesday, August 13

Hump Day Quickie

I have been up in Sacramento since sunday night at a software training seminar which is why I have been MIA. I am taking over scheduling at work, which I think I will actually enjoy. A lot of it is inputing data but there is also a good amount of problem solving and creativity involved.

Sure Trak, the software that I am using, can schedule simple projects, generate any number of reports and allows its users to create their own reports based on their needs. I was pleasantly suprised that I was able to follow along without any problem with the training, apparantly a lot more is sinking in than I realized. I was the youngest person there and of course the only woman but I am beginning to think of that as being an advantage, I don't mind being underestimated. Hopefully I will take a liking to scheduling because I really need to find a clear role here that I feel is valued.

Other than that I havent been able to go to the gym in two days which has made me incredibly crabby and I feel gross and disgusting. The "Fitness Center" at the hotel consisted of rusty equipment that was at least 15 years old and instead of pins for the weight plates, they used mismatched screws, one of which I couldnt move. My workout didnt work out so well. I will be taking care of that problem today after work.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Yay! Everyone has been so busy lately, the blogging has definitely suffered.

Glad you're back and that your training went better than it sounds like you expected.

edluv said...

okay, i waited a day, but i'm still chuckling about the combination of hump day & quickie.